Yesterday was one of the very rare occasions in our little PNW town that temperatures reach as high as 90. It was fantastic! Even though I sat at my little desk all day at work looking longingly out the window, I at least could enjoy that. After work I went to spinning class, which deserves a whole bog in itself, and did a little circuit training at the meat market we call our gym. After kicking my own ass for 90+ minutes I went over to my dear friend Margaux's house for some grillin and chillin. She is amazing! She makes the very best bacon wrapped scallops ever and she made them last night. She made so much food! We had shrimp and salmon, grilled sweet onions, guac dip, yummy Tillamook extra sharp white cheddar cheese to pair with our wine. Oh yeah, and then there was the wine! Margaux shared with us a bottle of Erath Dry Riesling she and her husband brought back from wine tasting, as well as a extra yummy Duck Pond Sangiovese.
Well from the combination of the post-work out elation I was still feeling, the full stomach from the delicious array of culinary fireworks, the ever so slight buzz from sipping on some amazing vinos, and the warm sticky air with the gentle cool breeze, I was over-stimulated. I went home and fell asleep with a smile on my face.
Thanks Margaux!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment