Monday, September 17, 2007

1 (800) Hold-Please

OMG! This weekend was a telephone nightmare. Casey and I got new cell phones; he upgraded to a blackberry and I made the switch to Sprint after being a long time US Cellular customer (I must say that so far I am not impressed). I was finally able to pick his up on Friday (it had to be reshipped because the first one was stolen) and as soon as I got it home Casey wanted to play with it. Of course, it is a new toy. Well, we couldn't seem to get the Internet working. We tried and tried and it wasn't happening. So I put the little disk they give you into my computer hoping that it would magically give me the answers only to find out my disk drive was not working. So first I tried Toshiba tech support and the line was actually busy! It was busy the 24 times I tried it, which really pissed me off. Then I called Sprint tech support and was on hold for an hour and at that point I gave up. I was really tired. First thing in the morning I tried again. While on hold, thanks to the invention of speaker phone, I was able to get the dishes and laundry done and make Casey breakfast. Finally I reached a live body who was great, I think his name was Jason, and he had the patients of a saint and he fixed my problem. That, however was not the end of it. My husband was flying to Arcata that day and as it turn out, on Horizon Airlines. Since they have grounded the majority of their planes, we needed to find out his flight status and according to the Internet, the was no such flight. Everyone else must have had the same idea because we spent and hour on hold to find out if he was flying or not. GRRRR! Companies need to know that there is a nifty technological advance that allows them to hold your place in line as if you were holding but instead of actually holding, it automatically calls you back when it is almost your turn...

1 comment:

Marbles said...

This blog gives rise to the saying, "Hurry up and wait!"